Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
San Francisco, CA
URL linking directly to job posting on organization website
$26 to $29/hour
Preferred Degree in Area of Study (for example: Masters of Art, Master in Museum Studies, or Bachelor of Science, etc.)
This position is…
Full Time Traditional Schedule (M-F; 9am-5pm)
This position offers…
Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, Advancement opportunities, Raises (annual, cost of living, performance based, etc.), Professional Development Opportunities (conferences, webinars, coaching, etc.), Workplace Mentor, Paid Sick/Personal Days, Paid parental leave, Fringe Benefits, Lactation Room, Commuter program, Employee Assistance Program, retail discounts, free use of on-site gym, etc.
Interested in hiring…
Applicants ONLY with direct experience to the position
An initial phone conversation, then 2 on-site interviews – one with hiring manager and a colleague, a second one to meet the rest of the team.
None listed/Open till filled
Management Styles of the Organization (you can find the descriptions of each style by following this link: https://www.cleverism.com/management-styles/)
Interview Follow Up
It’s okay to email if we haven’t gotten back to applicants in the time we said we would
be notified if the decision is taking longer than anticipated
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is the nonprofit support partner of the Golden Gate National Parks—84,000 acres of national parkland throughout the Bay Area, including Muir Woods, Ocean Beach, Crissy Field, and Alcatraz. The Parks Conservancy is a membership organization created to preserve the Golden Gate National Parks, enhance the experiences of park visitors, and build a community dedicated to conserving the parks for the future. Park projects and programs include the Crissy Field Center, the promoting of leadership and environmental justice training for youth; the Native Plant Nurseries, which grows over 100,000 plants annually to restore habitat; Trails Forever, which is at work building and rehabilitating miles of trails throughout the parks; and volunteer programs that inspire 20,000 people annually to take action in support the parks.
The Membership Associate reports to the Director, Membership and Donor Development. The Membership Associate is part of a 17-member fundraising team. The Associate is the primary customer service contact to over 14,000 Parks Conservancy members; the position interacts with members on a regular basis to resolve questions about their membership contributions and inform them about special membership benefits. The Membership Associate supports key technical and fundraising projects, manages the member events program, collaborates on strategy and implementation of the acquisition and renewal programs, leverages new media to promote support for the Parks, and provides administrative support to the Membership Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as primary customer service contact to 14,000 Conservancy members. Ensure that every member receives timely and excellent customer service and information.
• Manage Member Hiking and Events Series. With Membership Director, plan and implement up to 40 special outings and events for members per year. Work with event leaders (program staff, NPS staff, historians, scientists, and others) to plan content, location, staffing, and schedule. Produce invitation mailer and manage advertising, online registrations, and follow-up with members. Strategize ways to increase participation amongst diverse membership, including families, young people, and people underrepresented in the parks.
• Collaborate with Membership Director on crafting and implementing membership campaigns, including acquisitions, renewals, additional gift appeals and web-based, e-mail, and social media appeals. Work closely with fundraising consultants Donordigital on online fundraising campaigns.
• In close collaboration with Director of Golden Gate Raptor Observatory, manage Golden Gate Raptor Observatory fall fundraising campaign, including mailed, web-based, e-mail, and social media appeals. Report on fundraising results and recommend and implement plan to increase donations and online donor engagement. Strategize ways to extend fundraising outside the fall migration season.
• Update member acknowledgment letters with timely content and create quarterly Member News newsletter, including identifying stories, getting information from program staff, and writing stories within a short deadline. Create and provide member-related content for monthly Park e-Ventures newsletter.
• Coordinate membership and e-mail acquisition in all seven retail locations throughout the parks. Report on fundraising results to retail store managers quarterly, and visit all store locations twice per year. Work with retail managers and staff to strategize ways to increase membership and new email and address acquisition in stores.
• Connect Luminate Online database with The Raiser’s Edge weekly to import all online gifts, new constituents, and event registrations. Ensure accuracy of data. Institute new data importing processes to increase efficiency and accuracy.
• Track and report on appropriate and timely data entry of membership donations from all sources in The Raiser’s Edge database. Update and correct database records, aid colleagues with queries, reports, and imports, and recommend improvements to current practices.
• Provide support to Development staff for work relating to The Raiser’s Edge database, Luminate Online marketing software, and Omatic software.
• Act as primary liaison with Finance Department to ensure smooth reconciliation of Membership funds and all online donations, including membership, restricted, and major gifts.
• Working with the Membership Director, recommend and implement plan to increase and steward monthly donations (Golden Gate Keepers) program.
• Track and process invoices. Prepare and distribute membership and other database reports.
• Act as primary liaison between Development and the Web Team for website updates. Train Development staff on new processes in Luminate Online and Drupal.
• Serve as the point person for EarthShare of California for workplace giving, and ensure that volunteer hours commitment is met. Attend Bay Area workplace giving events and give presentations to corporate and government employees to increase awareness of the Parks Conservancy and increase donations.
• Work with Conservancy staff to promote membership at volunteer projects across the parks.
• Maintain files, procedures and sample books.
• Other duties as assigned by the Membership Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Responds effectively to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
• Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
• Completes work in a timely manner.
• Minimum one year of experience in Membership or Development at a non-profit organization and some knowledge of current fundraising trends and practice preferred.
• Ability and interest in learning how to become proficient in our donor database (Raiser’s Edge) as well as software utilized in our online giving and online marketing (Luminate Online).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works with others to solve complex issues.
• Ability to work independently as well as to serve as a key member of a collaborative team.
• California Drivers License.
• Must be available to periodically work on evenings and weekends.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
• Work is performed primarily at a desk in indoor setting.
• Regularly sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment 6 – 8 hours per day.
• Frequently lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
Resumes should be sent to
Include the following with your resume:
Cover Letter, Application
Special instructions for sending resume
Please apply via: https://jobapply.page.link/timw