The National Emerging Museum Professionals Network (NEMPN) is currently recruiting three new board members. We are seeking a Regional Director – Southwest, a Director of Partnerships, and a Director of Resources. These positions require 10-15 volunteer hours each month. The positions are for two-year terms each with the option of renewal in June 2023. The ideal candidates will be museum professionals looking for ways to be more connected in the museum field or make an impact in the field.
NEMPN’s mission is to engage and support self-defined emerging museum professionals in building vibrant, equitable, and inclusive communities of networking, collaborative practice, and exchange.
General Responsibilities include:
- Voting on all decisions requiring a vote
- Participating in monthly board meetings (approximately 2 hours each)
Regional Director’s responsibilities include:
- Host at least one virtual meeting for all of your region’s chapter leaders per year.
- Facilitate at least two chapter meetups within the region (virtual or in-person [when appropriate]) per year.
- Act as a Board liaison for all of the chapters in your region by providing updates, resources, and support.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Director of Resource’s responsibilities include:
- Collecting FAQs from the Facebook group.
- Making crowdsourced info more accessible to all via the website, members space, etc) and developing and sharing digestible, toolkit-type resources.
- Managing post-virtual event resources and recording uploads.
- Chairing the Theory and Practice Committee for our online journal and recruiting for support.
Director of Partnership’s responsibilities include:
- Organizing a presence at significant in-person and online conferences and events (including meetups and presentations)
- Note: This person will not be responsible for attending all of these events – they just are the lead on coordinating a presence for NEMPN.
- Coordinating and scheduling regular virtual programs, using the rest of the board as presenters and support, and managing our events calendar.
- Chairing a new Conference Committee to develop initiatives such as posters for conferences, proposal submissions, securing sponsorships, collaborations, etc.
NEMPN is dedicated to equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility in the museum field and strives to include the voices of diverse populations of culture, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic class, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, geographical region, political affiliation, and disability. When NEMPN uses the strengths and different perspectives that each individual offers, we feel we are in a better position to serve the entire community of Emerging Museum Professionals more effectively.
All meetings are held electronically via Google Hangouts or Zoom.
If you are interested in joining the NEMPN Board of Directors, please submit your application and your resume via the application form by Friday, May 14th, 2021.