The NEMPN is currently recruiting for 4 new board members for the position of General Board Member. This position requires 20 volunteer hours each month and must serve on one of the NEMPN Board Committees. The position is a two year engagement and can be renewed up to 3 times.
Board Responsibilities Include:
- Voting on all voting decisions
- Volunteering on a NEMPN Board Committee
- Participating in 5 board meetings a year (required to attend at least 4)
- Attend at least one Leaders Meeting with all of NEMPN’s Chapter Leaders
- Promoting and supporting NEMPN’s mission and vision
- Share ideas on the direction and focus of NEMPN
- Adhere to the bi-laws and governing principles of NEMPN
- Sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of the organization
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time
The ideal candidate will be a museum professional looking for ways to be more connected in the museum field or make an impact in the museum field.
National EMP Network is dedicated to equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility in the museum field and strive to include the voices of diverse populations of culture, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic class, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, geographical region, political affiliation, and disability. When NEMPN uses the strengths and different perspectives that each individual offers, we feel we are in a better position to serve the entire community of Emerging Museum Professionals more effectively.
All meetings are held electronically via Google Hangouts or via a conference line.
National EMP Network’s mission is to engage museum professionals across all stages of their careers in building vibrant communities of networking, knowledge exchange, and resource sharing.
The National Emerging Museum Professionals Network envisions communities in which museum professionals make meaningful connections within and across backgrounds, disciplines, and institutions by providing leadership, responding to changing needs, enriching experiences, growing capabilities, sharing resources, advocating for the museum profession, and connecting groups on a local and national level.
If you are interested in joining the NEMPN Board of Directors please send your resume, 3 references, and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15th, 2018.