Curator of Collections and Exhibitions
Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science and Art
Preferred Degree in Area of Study:
Any combination of training and experience which is likely to provide the required knowledge and abilities would be acceptable for employment. A typical background would be: A minimum of a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) from a college or university in the field of museum studies, history, art, art history, anthropology, or a related field, a Master Degree is preferred with a minimum of five years of curatorial or collection management experience.
The Curator of Collections and Exhibitions is responsible for the development and management of art collections and all exhibitions at the Everhart Museum.
- Manage the care and use of the Everhart Museum art collections.
- Develop a roster of temporary exhibitions that engage existing and target audiences, including translating museum collections in temporary exhibitions.
- Provide oversight on the maintenance of permanent exhibitions.
- Oversee and participate in the fabrication, installation, and deinstallation of exhibitions.
- Work with Programs Department to develop public programs complementary to the exhibitions and collection.
- Maintain active relationships with artists, community members, lenders, donors, and professional colleagues.
- Build partnerships that enhance community engagement.
- Coordinate PR or marketing efforts with the Director of Development & Marketing.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Collections & Exhibitions Committee of the Board of Trustees. Responsible for preparing meeting agenda and compiling minutes for distribution.
More information about the job can be found here.
Quantified Level of Education vs. Years of Experience is Preferred:
Undergraduate or graduate
Full Time Traditional Schedule (M-F; 9am-5pm)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Flexible Schedule
- Raises (annual, cost of living, performance based, etc.)
- Professional Development Opportunities (conferences, webinars, coaching, etc.)
- Team Building Acitivites
- Annual Holiday Bonus
- Other: COL and performance based raises are given but not annually
Interested in hiring:
- Applicants ONLY with direct experience to the position
- A candidate that fits the organization’s internal culture
Open until Filled
Management Styles of the Organization (you can find the descriptions of each style by following this link):
Management style is a combination of Authoritative, Participative, and Coaching
Resumes should be sent to:
Aurore Giguet at email@example.com
Please do not __ to inquire:
Call or drop-in
Name and Title of person to whom the candidates should address applications:
Include the following with your resume:
- A one-page narrative describing interest and experience
- Names of three references
The Executive Director will review all applicants. The top five candidates will be interviewed by the Executive Director, the top three will be brought in to meet staff and select Board Members. The final hiring decision is made by the Executive Director after receiving input from staff and board.
Interview Follow Up:
- It’s okay to email if we haven’t gotten back to applicants in the time we said we would.
- We expect a thank you email after applicants have been interviewed
- We expect a thank you letter/card after applicants have been interviewed
Applicants WILL be:
- Notified if they do not get the job
- Notified if the decision is taking longer than anticipated