Do you enjoy all the conversations and postings on our Emerging Museum Professionals Facebook Group? We are looking for individuals who are familiar with managing Facebook Groups and Mail Chimp (this is not a requirement, if you don’t know how to do it and are interested you just have to be willing to learn). The ideal candidate will be a regular Facebook user who is on social media throughout the day or at several points in the day.
Activities include but not limited to:
- Reviewing and approving posts that fit into our criteria for what is appropriate
- Develop and post thoughtful “Question of the Week” discussions to help EMPs discuss current museum related events and must be able to remain neutral on discussions and act more as a facilitator.
- Approves members to our EMP Facebook Group, ensuring no spam members are admitted
- Put together calls for content from our various committees and chapter for our Monthly Newsletter “EMP Pulse”
- Format and design EMP Pulse from month to month, creating an easy to read layout and ensuring quality content
- Adding names submitted from our newsletter list to our email recipient list for EMP Pulse on a regular basis
- The time commitment for this committee is 5-20 hours per month
Interested applicants should send a resume, 2 professional references, and a one paragraph statement on why you would like to participate in this committee to NEMPN President Michelle Epps at email@example.com. Deadline February 28, 2017.